Devoted to all things visual. In love with motion, dance and acrobatics. Fascinated by facial expressions, color theory and reflective surfaces. Daily doodler and painter.
Currently working on the Animaze by Facerig project, on both PC and iOS.
• Creating new and exciting avatars through research and iteration, color variations, expression sheets, blueprints, and rendering where necessary
• Preparing fun props concepts through a similar process, making sure they fit with the overall style and the varied character geometries
• Building immersive 2d backgrounds by putting together and overpainting various assets. Pioneering an entire concept-to-engine pipeline for backgrounds animated in Cubism Live2d.
• Designing, producing, animating and implementing 2D faces matching the shape language of hybrid avatars.
• Conducting visual research for future avatar proposals and user testing, as well as in-development characters and props
• Finding creative visual solutions for making the best out of the tracking and real-time animation technology available.
• Assisting the 3D team when necessary by baking maps in Maya or making diffuse textures via polypaint in Zbrush, and checking everything works as intended in the proprietary engine
• Designing UI icons for all newly introduced assets, making sure they stay consistent
• Contributing to the making of tutorials, internal and external documentation.
• Exploring and experimenting as a freelance illustrator and concept artist as part of my personal and professional development.
• Past projects include a wide variety of jobs such as game art, web design, graphic design, photo retouching and others.
• Won an intern position through a contest, with my project “Witch Hut”
• Worked alongside one of the lead environment artists of AMC
• Learned to make realistic, game-ready assets, from concept to finish
• Worked as part of a team to solve technical problems such as minimizing rendering times, finding lighting solutions for various animation scenes and visual decisions.
• Conducted in-depth visual research and have been in charge of putting together concepts, mood-boards and storyboards for various pitches.
• Responsibilities included: lighting and rendering of animation scenes, 3D modeling, pre-production research, concept sketching, key visuals, storyboarding, set dressing, grooming of hair and fur.
• Collaborated with a writer in building the overarching story and setting for a satirical web comic that can be seen upon request
• Defined the comic style, designed all the characters and outlined the funny-morbid theme establishment.
• Drew all the comic strips based on the writer’s script in tight weekly deadlines.
Worked in a small team as sole artist, designed and created the majority of a mobile game’s UI, characters and maps without significant creative guidance.